Now Hiring New Village Clerk/Treasurer
STARTING SALARY: $45,000 – $55,000/year DOQ
OPENING DATE: February 24, 2019
The Village of Big Bend (population 1,300), located in Waukesha County, is accepting applications for the position of Village Clerk-Treasurer. This position is a department head position, responsible for performing various functions of the offices of Village Clerk and Village Treasurer as defined by State Statutes and Municipal Ordinances. Certification as a Municipal Clerk and Municipal Treasurer or working toward such certification is preferred.
Direct and operate the functions of accounting, elections, payroll, accounts receivable and payable, receipts and deposits, and investment of public funds. Take and prepare minutes of the Village Board and other meetings as required. Post meeting agendas as required, including the Village’s website.
Assist in preparing the annual budgets for various departments. Assist with grant applications and track and perform all associated paperwork for Village borrowing. Gather and report tax rate detail subsequent to the generation of annual tax bills. Create adjusting entries, prepare for elections, setup and related reports. Handle annexation notices as required by State Statutes. Maintain records assigned as custodian and advise other department heads on record retention requirements. Provide assistance to all officials for the good of the Village. All other reasonable duties assigned.
1. Supervise, arrange for additional training/cross training of Deputy Clerk/Treasurer.
2. Invest public funds, transfer funds as necessary, and wire payments for debt payments.
3. Prepare required pre-assessment project notices to impacted property owners and levy special assessments when project is completed.
4. Assemble information packets to accompany meeting agendas for Village Board and Staff.
5. Attend meetings and take minutes of the Village Board and other bodies.
6. Register voters, maintain well trained poll workers, conduct all elections, and enter data.
7. Issue licenses and permits.
8. Become familiar with, and be prepared to field questions on Village Ordinances, Zoning and Fire Codes.
9. Operate efficiently Windows Office software such as Word and Excel as well as specialized software including Workhorse
This position reports to the Village President and Village Board.
Village Application is available off our website: www.villageofbigbend.com
Contact: Kerry Bennett, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer W230 S9185 Nevins Street, Big Bend WI 53103 (262) 662-2747