The Big Bend Fire Department is a volunteer, paid-on-call department. The Fire station is located on the municipal campus on Nevins St.
If you have a non-emergency question or are interested in becoming a member, call 262.662.2747. To download a member application, click here.
- Fire Chief – John Ludwig
- Assistant Chief – Mark King
- EMS Assistant Chief- James Soneberg
- Training Captain – Phil Buchholtz
- Fire Captain- Dennis Kaebisch
- Fire Captain – Pat Cornell
- Fire Lt. – Chuck Diehn
- Fire Lt. – Bryan Bindel
- EMS Lt. – Lindsey Fickau
- EMS Lt. – Bob Diehn
- EMS Lt. – Sherry Jacobi
- Chief Fire Inspector – Bill Bronk
- Medical Coordinator – Cathy Bronk
- Open burring is allowed in the Village of Big Bend from sunrise to sunset.
- The fire pile should be no larger than 4 ft by 4 ft and no more than 3 ft in height.
- The fire must be at least 50 ft from any building and the wind should be less than 9 miles an hour.
- An adult 18 years of age or older must be in attendance at all times while burring.
- Only grass, leaves and wood in its natural state may be burned.
- We suggest that a means to control the fire, such as a garden hose or tools, be accessible on site.
- The Fire Department must be notified at 262.662.2747 on the day of the burn. If after office hours or on the weekend, please call 414.916.0872. The name, address and telephone number of the resident doing the burning is necessary.
Fire Department Contact Information: