Rural Home Cemetery was established in the mid 1800’s (approx. 1840) and is located within the Village of Big Bend. The Cemetery was deeded to the Village in 2014 and has been cared for by the Village’s Cemetery Board Members and the Department of Public Works ever since.
The setting is quiet beauty and comfort overlooking the Fox River in beautiful Southeastern Wisconsin. The manicured lawns, views of the river and changing colors of the leaves during fall make this land some of the most beautiful in the area.
If you are interested in learning more about Rural Home Cemetery plot availability, history or you’re searching for genealogical information, please feel free to walk the grounds or contact the Village of Big Bend Municipal Offices by calling 262.662.2747 or e-mail email@example.com.
Rural Home Cemetery Administration and Information:
The Rural Home Cemetery is overseen by the Cemetery Board with operational duties carried out by the Cemetery Manager and the Village Clerk. Please use the contacts below for any questions, comments or concerns you may have. The Rural Home Cemetery and the Village of Big Bend are dedicated to Transparency and great customer service and will be more than happy to help you with your request.
- Eric Pedersen, Cemetery Manager-262.662.4903 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Village Clerk-262.662.2747 or email@example.com
Supplemental Information and Forms:
- Village Code Chapter 18-Cemetery Operations. This is the governing Village Ordinance for the Cemetery and outlines the cemetery rules, monument requirements and more.
- Resolution 2015-10-Cemetery Fees. This is the document, adopted by the Village Board, which outlines the current Cemetery Fee Schedule.
- Grave Buy-Back Policy. This policy was put in-place in early 2016 to enable plot holders to sell unwanted plots back to Rural Home Cemetery.
- Chapter 157 of Wisconsin State Statutes. This is the link to the state statutes governing the operation of cemeteries within the State of Wisconsin.
Members of the Rural Home Cemetery Board:
The Rural Home Cemetery Board is charged with the operations, planning and financial administration and facilitation for the Cemetery. Its members meet monthly to discuss best operating procedures and practices to ensure that the Cemetery thrives in the future.
- Marilyn Gauger-Chair
- Marie Kumershek
- Amy Strickler
- Dan Lang
- Eric Pedersen-Cemetery Manager
- John Soneberg
- Jeff Sobczyk
Veterans at Rural Home
The List of Veterans contains the names of known veterans whom have served their country and are now laid to rest at Rural Home. While not complete, this list does contain the names of Veteran’s having served as far back as the War of 1812.